Free Motion Quilting 2 (Swirls, Hooks, Leafy and Paisley Meander) $40
Teacher: Kim Rood
Regular price $0.00
Join us for fun with free-motion quilting. This is the first class of a series that will teach you the basics and then progressively more advanced free-motion techniques that will add a lot of fun to your quilting projects
In this class, we will go over free motion basics, tips and tricks to start Free Motion Quilting. You will learn a basic meander, loops and quilting your name, and other basic designs. The end result is to develop Free Motion muscle memory to improve your skills.
Note: Once a month I will teach a new class introducing you to numerous free motion quilting motifs and patterns, including grid quilting. If you have always wanted to expand your repertoire for quilting, this may be your class.
You will need a cleaned and lubed machine and a readiness to be open and learn and to try new things without fear, after all, it's just fabric and thread. We will practice on small quilt sandwiches and then you can progress to larger items when your confidence grows. Perfection is not key, enjoyment of the process is.
When: June (3 classes to choose from)
Class Time: Class times vary by class choosen
Cost: $40 for each class (Sign up now but please pay the teacher at class time)
Teacher: Kim Rood
Skill level: Intermediate
Call or sign up at The Quilt Loft ASAP! There is a hard 7 person limit until we get out of Covid.
- Machine you are familiar with and that is clean and lubed.
- Manual for your machine
- Free motion foot
- Supreme slider if you would like
- Quilting gloves if you prefer
- Sew steady table if you have one
- 50 wt thread
- Oil for your machine
- 2 to 3 Quilt sandwichs 24 by 24, spray basted prior to arrival
- A good attitude
- Jack the ripper……(seam ripper)
- Small white board or a page protector with a sheet of paper in it and a dry erase marker and a wiping cloth. Dollar store may have
- Extra needles 90/14
Current class rules during Covid: 7 spaces are available at any one time. Each person gets their own 6-foot table.
- Please call ahead to reserve one of the 7 spots. Spots are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis. You can stop by to see if a spot is available but we may be full, so it's best to call ahead.
- You need to bring your own supplies. To protect everyone, we will NOT be providing irons, cutting mats, rotary cutters, or rulers. So bring your own and please limit sharing. Once we are able too we will bring back community cutting and ironing stations.
- We ask that you observe all current COVID suggestions.
- We do ask that you wipe down your stations before you leave. We'll have disinfectant wipes available - better safe than sorry.
For United States Domestic Shipping:
Standard shipping charges are based on the value of your order with the following rates:
- $0.01 - $49.99 = $7.25
- $50.00 - $99.99 = $10.95
- $100.00 - $149.99 = $13.95
- $150.00 - $199.99 = $16.95
- Over $200.00 = FREE!.
- All Evil Mad Quilter Laser Cut Kits ship for FREE! regardless of cost!
For International shipping (Canada and the rest of the world):
- All shipping is calculated based on weight for the carrier you choose.
- For all Evil Mad Quilter Laser Cut Kits select "USPS First Class Package International" for the best rate.
How and when will my order ship?
We will do our best to get all in-stock purchases shipped with in 2 days of the receipt of you order. Our standard method of shipping is with U.S.P.S. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery.
Depending on your order it ship in multiple packages.
Canadian and International Shipments: Coming Soon
Your 100% satisfaction of The Quilt Loft and Evil Mad Quilter products is our only goal. If you are not happy with any of our products, simply send it back to us for an exchange or refund.
HOW DO I RETURN AN ITEM?
- Contact The Quilt Loft / Evil Mad Quilter via email at either:
2. Properly package your item for return along with your name, address and a note for the return and send it to:
- Buyer assumes all responsibility for the shipping cost of returning an item.
At The Quilt Loft / Evil Mad Quilter we pride ourselves on accuracy and quality control, but occasionally you may receive a product that is incomplete or missing a part. Not a problem, we just ask you follow these steps:
- Stand up and look around you. Some of the products contain small, light parts that easily fall to the ground or under something near you.
- If you still can’t find the missing part, email customer service at with a description of the missing item and we’ll gladly ship you a replacement.